Thursday, January 29, 2009

1956 MacGregor M85W Set



This is my all original Vintage MacGregor Eye O Matic M85W persimmon wood set. I acquired these through a great Gentleman who is a PGA Member. I've been collecting old Macs like the ones I played in the 80s for a few years now. These are the best I've ever come by. In the 80s I played a M75W, which was really nice. I still have that one, but its not in show condition, thats for sure. This set has the original True Temper Tourney shafts and burgandy color leather grips. They sure are sweet.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Persimmon woods and worth a bundle today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Byron Nelson Driver in good condition that comes without an insert on the face, like this one of yours as well as no sole plate but instead a horn sole on the leading edge. It A MacGragor Driver with Nelson signature on the crown as well as a ! encircled in a Cloverleaf on the sole Reg No 3412 with _ _ _ _ maker below that, likely Pacemaker. Any ideas of where I can locate additional info on it. It is somewhat similar to yours save I would day an earlier model due to 1/2 sole plate. It too had a gold laminated shaft but the grip is gone and the shaft chipped. I would appreciate any input. Tom H

    ReplyDelete